KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Chiefs officially announced the signing of three of this year’s draft picks along with 12 undrafted free agents.
Draft picks agreeing to terms are fourth-round wide receiver Jehu Chesson from Michigan, fifth-round linebacker Ukeme Eligwe from Georgia Southern and sixth-round defensive back Leon McQuay III from Southern California.
Chesson’s four-year rookie deal for $2.82 million includes a signing bonus of approximately $420,000. He will account for $569,910 against this year’s salary cap, according to Spotrac.com.
Eligwe’s four-year contract, $2.6 million contract includes a signing bonus of approximately $200,000. He will count $515,484 versus this year’s cap.
The four-year rookie deal for McQuay includes a $110,000 signing bonus and a total package of $2.51 million. He will account for $492,503 against the cap.
The team also claimed running Kelvin Taylor off waivers from Seattle. San Francisco drafted the 5-10, 212-pound Florida product in the sixth round of the 2016 draft. The 49ers added him to their practice squad to begin the season, but released him in December. Seattle signed him to their practice squad and signed him after the season.
The Chiefs the signing of 12 undrafted free agents. They are:
- T Corin Brooks, 6-5, 300 pounds from University of Texas of the Permian Basin
- S Devin Chappell, 6-2, 199 from Oregon State
- WR Gehrig Dieter, 6-3, 2017 from Alabama
- WR Anas Hasic, 5-11, 215 from West Florida
- TE Wyatt Houston, 6-4, 255 from Hawaii
- CB Ashton Lampkin, 6-0, 190 from Oklahoma State
- G Damien Mama, 6-4, 325 from Southern California
- WR Alonzo Moore, 6-2, 195 from Nebraska
- CB J.R. Nelson, 6-2, 177 from Montana
- S Jordan Sterns, 6-0, 200 from Oklahoma State
- WR Tony Stevens, 6-4, 212 from Auburn
The team also has 47 players attending the team’s rookie minicamp this weekend on a tryout basis.
Matt Derrick is the lead beat writer for ChiefsDigest.com. Use the contact page to reach him or find him on Twitter: @MattDerrick.