KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Chiefs held an annual local Pro Day workout Friday at the team’s training facility in advance of the NFL Draft.
NFL teams are allowed to bring in draft prospects who are from the metropolitan area for a workout, in accordance with NFL rules. These players do not count against the 30 pre-draft visits teams are allocated.
The team’s website quotes Chiefs general manager John Dorsey as stating “16 to 20” players were present. Local media was not in attendance to report on the workout.
While the Chiefs didn’t publish a list of participants, the following players are confirmed by ChiefsDigest.com as attending:
• Kansas State defensive end/outside linebacker Ryan Mueller, according to two sources and as previously reported weeks before the local Pro Day event. Mueller is from Leawood, Kan.
• Pittsburg State cornerback DeVante Bausby, according to a source and first tweeted on April 7. Bausby is from Kansas City.
• Pittsburg State safety Keeston Terry, according to a source. Terry, who spent two seasons at Kansas before transferring, is from Blue Springs, Mo.
• Missouri punter Christian Brinser, according to a source. Brinser, a native of Liberty, Mo., earlier took to Twitter to announce his participation.
UPDATE, April 14: The following nine players are added to the list and confirmed as attending, according to sources:
• Jacksonville State quarterback Max Shortell, a native of Kansas City.
• Kansas wide receiver Justin McCay, a native of Kansas City.
• Northwest Missouri tight end Marcus Wright, a native of Kansas City.
• Drake defensive lineman Matt Acree, a native of Shawnee, Kan.
• MidAmerica Nazarene cornerback DeRahn Williams, a native of Olathe, Kan.
• Central Arkansas defensive lineman T.J. Randall, a native of Lee’s Summit, Mo.
• Ottawa University defensive lineman Deron Bruce, a native of Olathe, Kan.
• Running back Kelwin Burke, who played at Avila University in Kansas City.
• Wide receiver Da’Veion Sullivan, who played at Avila University in Kansas City.
Pittsburg State wide receiver Gavin Lutman, a native of Peculiar, Mo., originally received an invitation to attend, according to a source. It was later determined, however, Lutman fell outside the “metropolitan area” and he couldn’t participate, the source said.
Others identified through Twitter as having participated in the Chiefs local Pro Day workout:
@ArrowheadPride @HerbieTeope cornerbacks Devante Bausby and Dexter McDonald both in attendance.
— Joseph Potts (@TopSpeedLLC) April 10, 2015
Former #Mizzou DT Lucas Vincent has a workout with the Kansas City Chiefs today. — Pete Scantlebury (@PeteScantlebury) April 10, 2015
Big thank you to the @KCChiefs organization on the opportunity and hospitality today! #ChiefsKingdom
— Victor Simmons (@Twosevn) April 10, 2015