The Chiefs unveiled promotions and additions to their front office staff on Wednesday, elevating Mike Borgonzi to assistant general manager under Brett Veach.
Borgonzi served under the title of director of football operations for the 2020 season. He joined the Chiefs in 2009 as a college scouting administrator and has marched up the personnel leader under three different general managers, rising up through the scouting side of the business and into player personnel. Borgonzi is widely considered a strong candidate for future general manager openings in the league.
Other key promotions include Brandt Tilis moving to vice president of football operations (formerly director of football administration) and Chris Shea adding vice president of football operations/team counsel to his resume (formerly football operations counsel and personnel executive). Tilis and Brandt have been increasingly involved in contracts and salary cap management in recent seasons and Veach gave both credit in crafting the 10-year, $450 million extension signed by Patrick Mahomes last year.
Ryan Poles and Mike Bradway, who previously shared the assistant director of player personnel title, also earned promotions. Poles is now executive director of player personnel while Bradway becomes senior director of player personnel.
Tilis, Shea, Poles and Bradway along with Borgonzi comprise a key group of personnel executives who have helped build the Chiefs Super Bowl LIV roster and have turned the club into an annual title contender. Poles and Tilis were both candidates for the Carolina Panthers general manager position this offseason.
Other promotions announced include:
- Ryne Nutt, senior director of college scouting (formerly director of college scouting)
- Tim Terry, senior director of pro personnel (formerly director of pro personnel)
- Trey Koziol, assistant director of college scouting (formerly national scout)
- Willie Davis, senior personnel executive (formerly area scout)
- Pat Sperduto, senior college scouting executive (formerly area scout)
- Terry Delp, senior college scouting executive (formerly area scout)
- David Hinson, senior college scouting executive (formerly area scout)
- Greg Castillo, college scouting coordinator/area scout (formerly college scouting coordinator only)
- Jason Lamb, area scout (formerly pro college scout)
- Cassidy Kaminski, area scout (formerly national scout)
- Ricky Seale, NFS Scout (formerly scouting assistant)
- Jalen Myrick, pro scout (formerly player personnel assistant)
- Kunal Tanna – Player Personnel Assistant (formerly football support liaison)
The club also announced the addition of two new staff members: Anthony McGee as player personnel assistant and Ryan Weese as training camp player personnel intern.
The club also announced the launch of the Norma Hunt Training Camp Fellowship Program, an initiative designed to expand NFL front office career opportunities for women. The program, named after the club’s matriarch and the only know woman to attend all 55 Super Bowls, will provide opportunities for women to gain experience with pro and college scouting, free agent tryouts, salary cap management, contract structure, team operations, player engagement and other skills required for NFL front office employees. This year’s fellowship positions went to Madison Aponte and Ashley Smith.